Monday, January 28, 2013

The Making of Test the puppet.

I didn't want to have to spend a fortune making a prototype so I found some basic materials I had in my supply cupboard. I used the template i had previously drawn out to see the actual size, I drew out the legs and body separate sewed and stuffed with cushion filling. To make the head I used the outer casing of a football to get the roundness of a head which was also stuffed like the body. In the centre of the puppet theres a wooden rod that attaches the head and body together.

Improvements for the finished puppet:

1. The body needs to be a lot more plumper and stuffed more. I was also thinking it could have a complete wooden skeleton for the body. Using hinges as joints which will enable the legs and arms to move more humanly instead of it just being slumped.

2. the head is slightly on the large side but no so important it doesn't look too out of place.



The Making : I used my own 5 year old to get a rough idea of size. I then resized the body to around  a 3 year olds size which is around 3ft.






 



One the bus on the way to Bournville