Monday, April 22, 2013

Final Piece





 
These are the images of the final piece. In the end I have had to use a laminated sign due to the non-arrival of the metal one I ordered. I am pleased with the end result and the responses I have gotten from them. I do feel that they tell the story of how we are all puppets to something or someone and get you thinking about how puppets aren't just imitations of people/animals controlled by rods and strings. 
 
The only downfall to these puppets are the materials in which I constructed them from, they weren't strong enough to take the trama they have been through and did have to mend a few of them after transportation. If I were to remake them I would use heavier and thicker pieces of timber so the wood wouldn't split as easy or try out metal rods and welding for strength.