Friday, February 22, 2013

Idea Developement

My original idea was to create something more of a piece of artwork based around this idea of being someones puppet, based on the second definition of a puppet; A person, or state under the control of another person, group or power. I have chose to refine this idea and give it a solid subject so it isn't so broad.

After thinking back to earlier in my blog and stating that I didn't have alot of dealings with Birmingham except my commute. I started to think back to my own childhood and growing up in the City of Wolverhampton and the things people did in a 'puppet' way to be excepted in there surroundings. Which is still going on today but in a larger way.

So the one thing that stands out for me which happens in many of places but alot more in Cities was the Area Code/ Postcode Wars, I grew up in a time where this happened but not to the extent that it happened in other cities. I started looking into it and found that infact Birmingham and London have the biggest problems with this type of thing.

The fact that so many young people feel they have so little in life, that they would rather become puppets to a postcode and cause mayhem and death to others and themselves interests and saddens me . We all have this kind of attitude though that if we don't live it, we don't see it and if we don't see it it doesn't exist.

With this in mind I want to create a piece instead  based on the idea of  Postcode Wars and it's 'puppets'. As youths become 'Puppets' to their own postcodes.

'A puppet to a postcode'